Shinjuku is one of the most famous areas in Tokyo, where Tokyo Metropolitan Government is located, and there are various activities’ hubs of Japan such as culture, business, shopping, food, etc. Shinjuku has many sightseeing spots. Kagura-zaka, which is 1km away from the university, preserves old cityscape where the traditional buildings and restaurants remain. Shinjuku Gyoen, which is 2km away from the university, is a national garden of Japan. It combines landscapes of British, French, and Japanese. In addition, around Shinjuku Station, there are several major sightseeing spots, for example, Samurai Museum where you can see Samurai armour, helmet, sword, etc. Also, you can enjoy international foods as well as Japanese foods. In Waseda campus, you can visit museums called Aizu Museum where you can see many cultural assets, and Tsubouchi Memorial Theatre Museum where you can see histories and collections related to theatre.
- Shinjuku Area Guide - Shinjuku Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Official Tokyo Travel Guide GO TOKYO - Shinjuku
- TripAdvisor - Shinjuku, Japan
Around Waseda Campus Area Guides
- wa-pedia - Waseda and Takadanobaba
- Aizu Museum - Waseda University
- Tsubouchi Memorial Theatre Museum - Waseda University